Principal Research Associate
- School of Public Policy
- Technology Policy and Assessment Center
Jan L. Youtie, Ph.D., is director of policy research services and principal research associate in the Economic Development Lab, a unit of Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. She is the co-founder of the program in Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy; and co-director of the Innovation Co-Lab with Beijing Institute of Technology and University of Manchester. She is the Social and Ethical Implications Coordinator for the Southeastern Nanotechnology Infrastructure Corridor. Dr. Youtie’s research focuses on technology-based economic development, advanced manufacturing, emerging technology assessment, bibliometric and patent analysis, and innovation and knowledge measurement and evaluation. She has been principal investigator in studies sponsored by the U.S. Department of Commerce, National Science Foundation, European Commission, U.N. Development Program, Aspen Institute, Southern Technology Council, and Georgia Research Alliance among others. Her research received the Lang Rosen Gold Award for best article by the Journal of Technology Transfer, and it also has appeared in Research Policy, Economic Development Quarterly, Journal of Technology Transfer, Technovation, Research Evaluation, Evaluation and Program Planning, Nature Nanotechnology, and many other journals. She has been recognized as one of the top authors in technology and innovation management research by the International Association of Management of Technology. She holds a doctorate in political science from Emory University.
For more information, see Dr. Youtie's SelectedWorks site.
- PhD - Political Science Emory University 1981
- MA - Political Science Emory University 1979
- BS - Political Science Emory University 1977
- Economic Development and Smart Cities
- Program Evaluation, Public Management and Administration
- Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy
- PUBP-4260: Econ Dev Policy & PLan
- PUBP-4843: Special Topics
- PUBP-6602: Econ Dev Analy& Practice
- PUBP-6741: Geography of Innovation